Octave FAQs

There’s a lot to consider when choosing your future home. We are dedicated to answering some of the most common questions about the new Jinding development, Octave at Junction Village, to help make your buying & building process easy.

Before Settlement

What will be delivered as part of this new community?

On completion of Octave’s development, Jinding will have delivered 321 land sites ready for new homes and 6.2 hectares of open space.

Is there a body corporate applicable to lots?

There is no body corporate for any land at Octave.

Can I choose my builder?

Yes, you have the flexibility to choose your preferred builder. Builders will need to ensure that your home design complies with Octave’s Design Guidelines which can be accessed on the Octave Buyers Portal.

Where can I view the latest construction activity and title dates?

The Octave Buyers Portal has a construction section where you view each stage’s latest construction activity and anticipated title time frame.

When can I start building my house?

Home construction must start within 6 months of settlement. The home must be completed within 12 months from the commencement of construction.


How will I find out when my block is titled?

You will receive an email from customerrelations@jinding.com.au to notify you of this milestone. In addition, our solicitor will advise your legal representative that your block has titles. Octave’s Buyers Portal, is the best place to find anticipated title timeframes for each stage.

When do I need to settle?

Settlement is due 10 business days once our Solicitor notifies you (your legal representative) that your individual lot title is registered. This notice is provided to your conveyancer who will then inform you.

Where can I access a compaction report?

Information including the Plan of Subdivision, Building Envelopes, Lot Level Plans and Fill Certificates are uploaded within the Lot Details section of Octave’s Buyers Portal. These are regularly checked by our team to ensure you have the latest available information for planning your home.

When can I access site for valuations?

Access to site for valuations is provided once Practical Completion is achieved on site. You will receive an email from customerrelations@jinding.com.au to notify you of this milestone, alongside any considerations required for accessing the site.

When can I access site for soil testing?

Access to site for soil testing is provided once Statement of Compliance is achieved on site. You will receive an email from customerrelations@jinding.com.au to notify you of this milestone, alongside any considerations required for accessing the site.

How do I know my final street address?

Your solicitor or conveyancer can provide this information once the land is titled. However, you can look this up by typing in your lot number and plan number (e.g.149\PS821074) from the Plan of Subdivision on https://mapshare.vic.gov.au/vicplan/

Can I drive and see my block?

Visiting blocks is strictly prohibited during construction. Upon registration of titles for your stage, we will send you an EDM and notify you when access is available to inspect your block.

After Settlement

When can I start building my house?

Home construction must start within 6 months of settlement. Before construction can start, your home’s design must be assessed and receive developer approval. Once this is granted, a building permit must be obtained from either the City of Casey or a licensed building surveyor. The home’s build must be completed within 18 months of settlement.

How do I submit my home design for developer approval?

When you are ready to submit your design for developer approval, visit the Octave Buyers Portal then click “Application” and fill in the form to complete your design assessment submission. It will then be reviewed by the Design Approval Panel.

Access to NGDD’s Design Portal will be sent to your email once your submission is complete, you can login to this portal to view the design application progress at any time.

Can I submit my house plans before settlement?

Yes, you can submit your plans before settlement, as construction cannot commence until your plans are approved.

Once received, the design panel will aim to provide compliance within 14 days, subject to the correct information provided and the volume of applications received at the time.

What if I want to change the design after my plans have been approved?

You can submit a new house design after your original plans are approved. However, a new submission will incur a small admin fee.

Do I need temporary fencing to protect my lot before the building commences?

Usually this is undertaken by your builder to help deter unauthorised people from entering your lot before building works commence.  This helps reduce the risk of having materials illegally dumped on your property and provides some security during your home’s construction.

The Developer has installed security cameras within the estate and onsite signage to help deter dumping and theft. Once a land lot is settled, the removal of any onsite dumped materials is the purchaser’s responsibility.

What is the community infrastructure levy?

The community infrastructure levy is a payment collected by Council to support the development of new community infrastructure. The one-off payment is collected from the landowner prior to issuing a building permit for each individual dwelling at the estate. This dwelling fee is available on the City of Casey Council.

How do I contact my neighbours for fencing?

Fencing is the responsibility of the purchaser, unless otherwise stated in your contract of sale.

You and your neighbour have an equal cost responsibility for the shared fence on your lots. Due to privacy laws, Jinding can not disclose purchaser information. However, you can obtain contact details for adjacent landowners using the Fencing Request Form from the City of Casey.

Throughout the construction of your land, Jinding will host ‘welcome events, which are an excellent opportunity to meet your neighbours. You can also request our customer relations team pass your details along to your neighbours. Email customerrelations@jinding.com.au with the lot number of your neighbour to whom you would like your contact information provided.

What fire overlays or other planning constraints may apply to my block, and where can I get this information?

The planning overlays can be found in the Planning Property Report on https://mapshare.vic.gov.au/vicplan/. Simply look up your lot and click on property details. For further advice on planning overlays, purchasers should seek advice from a builder or registered planner who can help you plan your build.

Where do I report rubbish dumping?

To help minimize rubbish on site, if you witness illegal dumping of rubbish, soil, concrete etc., please take a photo and submit a report to Snap, Send, Solve app: www.snapsendsolve.com


Where is the nearest town centre?

Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre is located on High Street Cranbourne, conveniently located just 3km from Octave. Here you will find Supermarkets, Cafes, Chemists, and a variety of specialist stores and services.

Where are the nearest parks?

Harmony Park is located within Octave and is ready for residents to enjoy. Harmony Park can be accessed from Contata Grove, and features play equipment, picnic facilities, BBQ and picnic equipment.

Where are the nearest childcare centres and schools?

Within a 5km radius of Octave, there are multiple childcare centres. One Early Education Group is the closest childcare centre, just 3km away.

What school catchment does Octave fall into?

Students at Octave fall into the catchment of Casey Fields Primary School and Cranbourne Secondary College. There are also several other private education options nearby.


What broadband services will be available at Octave?

Octave qualifies for future NBN rollout. All premises must conform with the NBN Co Preparation and Installation Guide, which can be found include link to NBN Co’s website.

How do I connect to the NBN?

Ensure your builder is aware your house will be on the NBN and that fibre can be provided to your home. The Patch will be “Fibre To The Premises” (FTTP), and it is recommended that all dwellings are wired to meet the NBN cabling guidelines.

NBN is a wholesale-only network with many phone and internet providers selling services over the network. Click here to choose a provider that best suits your needs. Make sure your new home is NBN ready on NBN Co’s website.

Does Octave have reticulated recycled water?

Each dwelling in Octave must incorporate plumbing to connect to any future recycled water supply. At a minimum, you must allow all toilets and two garden taps (front and rear) to be connected to any future recycled water system.

Does Octave have reticulated gas?

Reticulated gas is available at Octave for residents to connect gas appliances.

Do I need to install a rainwater tank?

Rainwater tanks are encouraged at Octave. In accordance with the Octave Design Guidelines, rainwater tanks and all accessories must not be in front of the dwelling or be visible from the street and public spaces. Rainwater tanks must also be coloured to match the home.